Thursday, September 16, 2010

First blog entry!!!

Welcome to my blog!!! 

As part of a course I'm currently enrolled in, I have to create this blog.  But that's not to say that this will be some mediocre blog that I will use only for my assignments.  I intend to make full use of this blog beyond the scope of this course!  (exciting, right?)

To provide a little background info: 

My name is Jim (hence the blog title) and I am currently enrolled as a full time student at Baruch College, which is part of the City University of New York.  I am in the midst of pursuing a Master's of Science in Accountancy; fortunately, Baruch offers a 5 year program (undergrad/grad combined), which seems to be gaining popularity every year.

I'm also employed full-time as the general manager of the Glen Cove Theatres--a 6-screen, independently owned theater situated on the Gold Coast of Long Island.  We exhibit first-run Hollywood movies (our line-up consistently includes the top 5 or 6 highest nationally grossing movies) for our customers and we specialize in children's birthday parties and theatre rentals.  I look forward to applying much of what I learn in this course to my own management style and techniques (for those of you who don't know, this blog is for a management course).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jim,
    Good luck with the Full time student\work...
    I did the same almost the whole way but at my last year i'm going down for a part time job...so I know how difficult it is to do both and espacially to maintain good grades :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jim.
    i'm sure that you'll find the accounting program very useful and hopefully you'll get a job right after your graduation. Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete